Measure LGBTI Inclusion in Development
Measure LGBTI Inclusion in Development
March 30, 2019
Fund for Education 2.8 Million.
Fund for Education 2.8 Million.
April 1, 2019
Show all

Environment-related SDG Indicators.

Environment-related SDG Indicators.

The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) has published a report analyzing progress on 93 environmental sustainability indicators. The report notes that “23% of these indicators have made good progress” and that it is “likely” that these objectives will be achieved if current trends persist. However, he warns that, for the remaining 77% of environmental indicators, there is insufficient data to assess progress (68%) or the target is unlikely to be achieved without increased action (9%).

The report “Measuring Progress: Achieving the Environmental Dimension of the Sustainable Development Goals”, which complements the sixth report of the Global Environment Outlook series (GEO-6), analyzes the progress made by the goals related to the environment. Region. It notes that more than 30% of the indicators related to the environment-related sustainable development goals still do not have an agreed methodology. Take a look at machines à sous gratuites sans téléchargement.

The report indicates that much of the progress is due to policy changes, improved reporting and increased funding efforts. It cites the progress made in establishing political, financial and institutional processes that promote the environmental dimension of sustainable development. Specifically, it mentions efforts to improve environment-related mechanisms, including investment in water and sanitation (target 6.a of the Sustainable Development Goals), financial assistance to least-developed countries. advanced (LDCs) (target 11.c of the Sustainable Development Goals) and the marine and terrestrial sectors. protected areas (Objectives 14.5, 15.1 and 15.2 of the Sustainable Development Goals). Progress has also been made, notably on: renewable energies (target 7.2 of the SDGs); sustainability reports and policy integration; and development aid for climate change and the environment. Progress in addressing environmental mortality (target 3.9 of the SDGs) is due to improvements in health care systems.

However, mixed progress has been reported in improving access to environmental resources and reducing the impacts of environmental degradation on human health and nutrition, as well as reducing the impacts of environmental degradation. environmental degradation, climate change and disasters on people (Sustainable Development Goals 1.5, 11.5 and 13.1). ). With regard to all the objectives of the sustainable development objectives related to the state of the environment, such as biodiversity, the health of ecosystems and the concentration of pollution and waste in the environment, no data are available. or no progress. Some indicators even showed a negative trend, especially those related to forest areas (SDG 15.1), sustainable fisheries (SDG target 14.4) and endangered species (SDG target 15.5).
The report warns that other indicators without adequate data to assess progress are likely facing a negative trend as they receive less attention in terms of policy interventions and investments in monitoring. These include indicators related to: land degradation and land use (Sustainable Development Goals 15.3 and 11.3); coastal eutrophication, marine litter and ocean acidification (objectives 14.1 and 14.3 of the Sustainable Development Goals); water quality and water stress (SDG targets 6.3 and 6.4); and Mountains (Sustainable Development Goal 15.4).

With respect to sustainable production and consumption objectives, the material footprint and domestic consumption of materials (Objectives 8.4 and 12.2 of the Sustainable Development Goals) continue to grow, with varying progress on reduction indicators. carbon emissions from infrastructure (objective 9.4 of the Sustainable Development Goals), fossil fuel subsidies (SDG target 12.c) and promotion of renewable energy (SDG target 7.2). The report explains that many indicators related to SCP are lacking in data, including those concerning the efficiency of water use (Goal 6.4 of the SDGs), the management and production of hazardous waste (Objectives 11.6 and 12.4 of the Guidelines). sustainable development goals), food waste (Goal 12.3 of the Sustainable Development Goal) and sustainability of the business. reports (Target 12.6 of the Sustainable Development Goals).

The report explains that Sustainable Development Goal 12 (responsible consumption and production) is the one with the least data and funding and that countries have given it.

Source: SDG Knowledge Hub.